Accidentally gave benicar to child who takes singular. Should I take to hospital?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I think I accidentally gave benicar 20 mg to my 5 yr old should I take him to the hospital ?
He also takes singular 4mg
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 49 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Fortunately, Benicar isnt considered XXXXXXX for children, and sometimes is even used in children. It can cause slightly blood pressure fall so if you have apparatus measure his BP.Also it can cause side effects as in regular use. Just watch for warning signs such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting and lethargy. If he has any ot these you should go to hospital. Give him today more fluid and food than usual. There are no reported some significant interractions with singular but I suggest not to take singular in next 12 hours.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.