Accidentally ate some melted plastic over the food. Should I worry ?

Question
I accidentally ate some melted plastic over some chicken wings and fries, I heat it up in the oven. I know that it wasnt smart. Do i need to go to the ER. When i took the meal out of the oven the cover has shrunk to half its size. I through what was left of the cover out. If the chemicals in the plastic leaked into my food, will I die? Do i need to go to the hospital. I ate most of the food already.
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Need not worry , the chemicals in such plastics are mainly Hydrocarbons and are not fatal in such low doses.There is no need for you to go to the ER or take any medications.

Do avoid such plastics containers of covers on long term use as long term can cause problems in one like vomiting , headache , muscle cramps etc.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Accidentally ate some melted plastic over the food. Should I worry ? 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor!

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.

Regards.