Accidental intake of pain relieving cream. What to do?

I put pain reliever on my arm, active ingredients menthol 10%, methyl salicylate 30%, and camphor 4%... I washed my hands but I think some was stuck under my fingernails so when I went to put my finger in my mouth I tasted the cream. I scrubbed my tongue with a paper towel and brush my tongue with toothpaste... do I need to see a doctor for intergestion. I am 33, and weigh 160 pounds.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 27 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

There is no immediate cause of worry and you need not see a physician for ingestion. It was good that you immediately scrubbed the tongue and cleaned it.

I would suggest that you just relax and be slightly more careful while handling it the next time.

If by chance, you do notice any unusual symptom within few hours then consider visiting a Physician for evaluation. However, the possibility for this is remote.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.