Accidental intake of Marijuana. Can it be detected in a urine test after months?

Hello Doctor,
I mistakenly ate a weed brownie that my friend had made, and didn't realize there was weed in it. I have never taken any sort of drug before. I have to take a drug screening in april for my job. I ate it in mid october. Is there any way that they could tell that I had done that via a urine test? If so, what can I do to get it out of my system?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 18 minutes later

Weed is the XXXXXXX name for Marijuana or Cannabis.

Its well studied that Marijuana is detectable in urine for 48-72 hours after single use. Habitual or chronic use can be detected in urine for up to 12 weeks depending on quantity, duration, and frequency of use.

In your case, you had accidental ingestion once in October. Its surely out of your system by now and there is no cause of concern.

If you are still worried, you can go for a drug screen for reassurance.

There is no medicine to remove it from system.

So, my friend, there is nothing to worry.

Hope this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran