Accidental intake of Avil overdose. Side effects?

Hi,I am 28 years old and I took 9 Avil 25 at a shot by mistake.Is there any side effect.I took it 4 hours back,I haven't faced any problem yet.Is it like I need to take more fluid to avoid any side effect.?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 36 minutes later

You should seek medical attention immediately.

This can definitely lead to problems. 4 hours is quite a time, by this time the drug must have been absorbed in the blood from stomach.

It can cause toxicity. It can lead to problems like agitation behavior, convulsions (fits), very high fever, blurred vision, disorientation, in coordination of movements to name a few.

It is good that you are not having any problems yet. Please do not wait them to happen.

Take more amount of fluids and visit a near by hospital or physician at the earliest.

I hope this answers your query. In case of further query please write again.

Please accept the answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Accidental intake of Avil overdose. Side effects? 16 minutes later
I went to nearest checked and said that I am not having any side effects as of now.but,it's better to get admitted.As I don't have any problem till now,is there any home remedy to avoid any side effects.I am not in a favor to get admitted as I am not having any issue till now.could u plz help me regarding this..

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 minutes later

Good to hear from you again soon.

I agree with your doctor, rather than trying any home remedy, it is better get admitted at least for observation.

No home remedy can help and must not be tried.

I agree that you do not have any problem at present, still observation is mandatory. Once admitted you can be given some drugs which can flush out the drug from system early.

Please follow your doctor's advise.