Accident with hairline fractures. Go for an X-ray after healing? Will I have trouble in future?

I am XXXXXXX Last year, i.e. on fag end of August, 2011, I met with an accident with hairline factures. As per the advice of the Doctors, I took a month rest and medications, and thereafter 2 months, I started driving my car. As of now, I am not facing much of problem in movement of leg, either in walking/ walking fast or driving the car.

What the advice I required is whether should I go for xray of my injured leg and/or see an ortho doctor for further checking. Whether will it cause any problem or inconvenience in movement of my leg in coming years. If so, what precautions should I need to take.

Thanking you, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 28 minutes later

Normally any fracture takes about 4-6 weeks to unite. In your case sufficient time has passed so your fracture must have been united well.

Healing depends up on your age, calcium in bones, rest to part etc.You are young so I do not see any problem with healing.

Again you are not having any problem at present, so I think there is no need to do anything at present.

No major precautions are needed for future.

There will not be any problem in future due to that hair line fracture.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you best of health.