Absence of periods, yellow discharge, weight gain. Is this pregnancy?

I had my mesus In April On 21st. I and my partner had sex on the 4th day of my period. last month I didnt had my mensus. from last 5 weeks there is a smelly yellow liquid discharge from my vegina. I consulted a gynacologist and she gave me prescription of 3 tablets to be taken one each week but its of no use. I am also gaining weight. whats wrong with me? Am I pregnent just because I had sex on the 4th day of my mensus? why am I gaining weight? i am very scared.
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Although the chances of pregnancy are remote on having sex on day 4 of periods still it is best to rule pregnancy first of all by doing a urine for pregnancy test.

The other reasons of delayed periods with weight gain may be hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, post pill amennorhea , polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that may be the cause here after the pregnancy is ruled out.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.
The smelly yellowish discharge from vagina is suggestive of a vaginal infection and needs antibiotic treatment after vaginal swab culture.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.