Absence of periods and bladder infection. Taken pregnancy test, all negative. Taking champix. Can this be pregnancy, advise?

Hi. I am 5 days late for my period and am usually 3-7 days early. The first day of my last period was February 19th. I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and they are all negative. I am also taking Champix, on my 3rd week and I think I may have a bladder infection. Could I still be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
Since your three home pregnancy tests are negative, pregnancy is unlikely.
Having a bladder infection or champix therapy are not likely to affect the cycle duration.
You can be sure by having a serum beta Hcg levels evaluated which is a more specific test to diagnose pregnancy.
After the pregnancy is ruled out, the other reasons of delayed periods which need to be considered are hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland.

Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.