About a hour 1/2 ago I started having left side

Neurologist
Question
About a hour 1/2 ago I started having left side of head, my left side down my neck, into my shoulder down my left arm & pain in my chest !! I took 10 mg norco & about 30 minutes ago 2 Motrin !! The pAin has now eased my BP 15 minutes ago was 161/90 !! Had blood work & ekg pre op appointment at 9:00 this morning !! Just had a biopsy for cervical cancer on Friday was told by my dr yesterday no Cancer and will be having D & C on Thrusday after menopause has been 9 years ago !! I just thought maybe stress but pain was terrible for about a hour !!
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No indication of something serious.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

I imaging you are worried about brain or heart issues at the origin of the headache. However, I do not think it likely. Brain lesions may manifest with headache, but usually not pain in the limbs or the chest, the most common manifestation is weakness and loss of sensation. In addition to that they do not subside in an hour.
As for heart issues the fact that you’ve had an ECG this morning is reassuring. So is again the fact that the pain has subsided. So again wouldn’t call it likely. If it reoccurs though it might be safer to go in the ER to have another ECG.
So what could it be …. given your recent events stress might be a factor. Cervical spine arthritis may also be a possible cause if you have a history of neck pain or other spinal issues, otherwise unlikely to start and end so abruptly.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.