About 2 or 3 weeks ago an insect (I think

Neurologist
Question
About 2 or 3 weeks ago an insect (I think a mosquito) got into my home and then I couldn't find where it went. About 1 week ago, I noticed a red mark that looked like an insect bite on my arm. Last night, I developed a low fever (100.0 F - my normal is around 97.5). Right now it is 99.2, although I took Tylenol at midnight (about 9 or 10 hours ago). I have slight aches and fatigue but I don't feel terrible. I'm just wondering if there is a risk I have one of the mosquito transmitted diseases, or do I probably just have an ordinary cold/virus? Is there any kind of testing I should have a doctor do or should I just wait and see if I get better? I'm in Pennsylvania in the United States. I don't think mosquitoes with diseases are that common here. Thanks for your help.
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would wait

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your.

Judging from your description there is no indication of an insect transmitted disease. The symptoms you mention are not specific, meaning they are found in the setting of any infection and as you yourself mention a common viral infection is much more likely.

So I would would give it some more time for the moment, rest, stay well hydrated. You can con with Tylenol or even Advil for the fever and the aching. Only if fever persists for over 5 days or some new symptom appears would I consult your primary physician.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.