Abortion,miscarriage,low squamous interpathieal on cervix.Safe pregnancy?

i am 24 yrs old .....i have had an abortion about a yr ago and a misscarriage about three months ago i just found out i have low grade squamous interpathieal onmycervix is there a chance i can have a safe preganacy??? or what can i take to make my cervix stronger
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Intraepithelial is the layer of cells which form cervix and low grade squamous indicates that there are early abnormal changes in the size and shape of cells.

Since it is low grade so much of the cervix would not be affected.They are caused by any infection,injury and sometimes even no cause can be detected.

The treatment aim is to destroy the abnormal cells present which can be done by using lasers,heat,cold or electrical current and is decided by the treating doctor after proper evaluation of the extent of disease.

If these cells are cleared then pregnancy can be expected but kindly get the required treatment earliest as if delayed the chances of these cells spreading to the surrounding areas is more.There is no medication as such for treating it.

I would request you to see a Gynaecologist at the earliest for appropriate treatment.

Hope this is adequate and answers your query.I will be available for follow up in case of any doubt.