Abortion at age 20, now 23, bleeding post intercourse, ovary pain, back pain

Question
hi i am XXXXXXX .. dr i had my abortion at the age of 20 now i am 23years old from last few days i observe that i bleed sometimes after intercourse now plz tell me what the reason for this
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sheetal 44 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Bleeding after intercourse can be due to different reasons. In most cases, the cause of bleeding is not serious and is usually treatable.

Some of the common causes of bleeding after intercourse are:
Vaginal dryness
Sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, candida
Cervical/vaginal polyps
Cervicitis
Uterine fibroids
Cervical dysplasias (abnormal cells lining the cervix)
Pelvic inflammatory diseases

If you are bleeding regularly after intercourse, it is important to determine the cause of the bleeding.

I would advise you to consult your gynecologist for a pelvic examination. This will help in establishing the cause of bleeding so that appropriate treatment can be started.

It is unlikely that your present symptoms may be related to your abortion.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Abortion at age 20, now 23, bleeding post intercourse, ovary pain, back pain 1 hour later
if this is because of abortion is it any serious matter and what is the remedy for this...i have ussally pain on my back n also pain in ovary after intercourse.. n i intercourse 2 0r 3 time in a month n i bleed once in a month... can u sugesst me any medicine
Follow-up: Abortion at age 20, now 23, bleeding post intercourse, ovary pain, back pain 3 minutes later
actually i am unmarried n i afraid to go to the dr. because she disclose my virginity in front of my parents that i dont want... plz suggest me any medicine or any home made treatment to get the reason of bleeding after intercourse

Answered by Dr. Sheetal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

It is not likely that your current bleeding is related to your abortion 3 years ago.

Do not feel scared to approach a doctor. Discuss your apprehensions with a gynecologist whom you can trust and request him/her to maintain confidentiality.

It is important that you have a physical examination because it is difficult to ascertain the cause of your bleeding based on history alone.You may need an investigation called pap smear to look for any significant cause for the bleeding.

No treatment can be suggested without determining the cause of bleeding.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Abortion at age 20, now 23, bleeding post intercourse, ovary pain, back pain 42 minutes later
dr. if it is related to abortion before 3years.. is there any serious problem like cervix cancer or any other Saviour disease....or its normal to bleed after abortion..........sud i worried or not.

XXXXXXX I think you have not understood what I said earlier.

Let me clarify, I think your current bleeding is "NOT" likely to be related to your abortion 3 years ago.

Do not worry. Just consult a good gynecologist and get a check up done. The cause of bleeding can be determined only after a physical examination.

Wish you good health.