Abortion. Is there PCOS or some other hormonal imbalance?

I have attached my reports i wanted to know do i have pcos or any hormonal imbalance.?
Paswrd fpr opening reports is XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
I have seen the reports attached.
The blood reports are all within normal limits. So, a hormonal dysfunction is not likely. However a day3 LH and FSH levels would have been more helpful.
For PCOD, the diagnosis is made on an ultrasound scan.
I advise you to consult your gynecologist who can recommend the appropriate tests for you according to your history and clinical findings.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Abortion. Is there PCOS or some other hormonal imbalance? 6 minutes later
Ultrasound reports are normal their so no cyst formation. but on these reports my doctor told me that i have hormonal imbalance and slight PCOS.
and prescribed me 3month course of following medicine:
1. Aldactone for 3 months
2.Bigomet SR 500 mg 1 daily with lunch
3 XXXXXXX 35 from D25 of menses* 3 cycles
4.Lycostar for 30 days
I should take these medicines do i have hormonal imbalance and PCOS?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If you are having regular periods with normal ovulation on ultrasound then hormonal disturbance is not likely. The treatment you have been given is to regularise your cycles and to deal with any minor ovarian dysfunction and obesity.
You can start with the treatment as advised by your gynecologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Abortion. Is there PCOS or some other hormonal imbalance? 25 minutes later
Is their any ovarian dysfunction seen in the report?
my periods cycle is regular. sometimes i have slight lower abdomen pain.
Thanks for guiding me.
I was scarred of taking these hormonal pills as they may have any side effects thats why concerned. I think their is nothing serious and will be alright.
Follow-up: Abortion. Is there PCOS or some other hormonal imbalance? 5 minutes later
in may i had abortion (7 wk pregnancy) by Misoprostal tablets. Hope this is not related with PCOS and hormonal imbalance.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Your reports are not suggestive of any ovarian dysfunction.
Since you have regular periods, you can wait for spontaneous conception without the help of any hormonal pills.
An abortion by misoprostal tablets usually causes the hormonal imbalance and it is not advisable to plan your pregnancy for next six months.
The hormonal pills are recommended in case you are having an irregular bleeding after taking mifepristone.