Abnormally suspicious spouse. Is there a self remedy?

I am aged 26,female,married a year ago.My husband hates me for the reason that i am over suspicious/abnormally suspicious.we are seperated for the time being.Ifhe is right, can i get cured?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 21 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Oversuspicious behavior seen in following condition:
-As a personality trait
-Delusional disorder
-Substance induced disorder

Delusional disorder person do not seek consultation them self as they do not have insight for the problem. If You did not have depression and substance use at that time then it may be part of your personality.

For management following steps will be useful:
-Assessment by psychiatrist to rule out depression and delusional disorder
-In person assessment of personality by clinical psychologist. It may take few days to few week.
-Concurrent treatment according to the condition.

Treatment outcome will depend on diagnosis and your cooperation during treatment but it will surely help you.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.