Abnormal ventricular relaxation in Echo report. Heart failure?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I had an echocardiogram. Impression: normal echo. I was concerned when the report also said abnormal ventricular relaxation. All else was "normal". How can that be? Does this mean that I am in beginning stages of heart failure?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 9 hours later
Generally in people above 40years a mild relaxation abnormality in normal echo is physiological and does not imply anything. It doent mean that you are early stage of heart failure. All else being normal and if ou are asymptomatic than this doenot require any treatment of further evluation. Its like greying of hair.