Abnormal urine specific gravity. Other parameters normal. Can you please suggest? Frequent urination

Question
Hi Urine specific gravity is 1.003...the other are normal...kidney function test shows all are in range (BUN &serum creatinine)....can you please suggest doctor???? few days have frequent urination....few days doesn't have.......liver ,cholestrol,diabetic tests alll normal
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 49 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thank you for your report, but may you provide more details, if except frequency , do you experience urgency, itching, mild burning, sometime pain and discomfort during the urination – all these symptoms indicate urinal tract infection . In many cases simple urinalysis will show normal result and biochemistry, complete blood count, kidney function test as well especially when involved lower UTI ( bladder, urethra, prostate, etc..). You can’t rule out UTI based on negative urinalysis and ignore clinical picture. At this stage I would recommend you maintaining diet without species, adequate fluid intake, in case if you will experience pain , may take Ibuprofen, and if symptoms will persist you need more advanced diagnostic tests : Gram staining, and Urine culture, Urethral smear (swab ), saline wet mount ( microscopic exam) to rule out yeast infection. All above mentioned tests will clarify your condition and accordingly will be more easy start treatment with antibiotics( in case of confirmed bacterial cause).
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail

Follow-up: Abnormal urine specific gravity. Other parameters normal. Can you please suggest? Frequent urination 24 hours later
I dont have any pain and discomfort....my urine analysis report shows no yeast.....

i do have nose spectum deviation from 3 years...most of the times i feel nose blocked...

i tried antibiotic for 1 week....

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome back,
Nasal septum deviation can predispose to sinusitis, congestion, headaches, sometime nasal bleeding. In such case you have to try decongestant nasal spray for example oxymethazoline, and in case of confirmed infections ( sinusitis ) prescribed antibiotics like augmentin.
Regarding you genitourinary condition urinary frequency is not normal and you have to check your prostate, bladder, as I said in many urinal tract infection urine analysis may show normal result, that why you need additional testing to find out what factors are involved and cause frequency. Preferable antibiotic for mostly urinary tract infection is Bactrim, unless there no specific bacteria that need azithromycin or ciprofloxacin. After properly examination and laboratory investigation there will be clear regarding your condition.

Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail