Abnormal sperm morphology. Sperm analysis test done. What could be the recommended treatment?

Hi Dear Doctor, I am 29 years old and my concern are with my results after first analysis of my sperm...the results for Morphology are!..
Head Defects 65% (Tapering 4%, Pinheads 3% and Amorph 58%).
Neck defect 8% ( Broken Neck 4%, Cytoplasmic droplets 4%)
Tail Defects 7% ( Coiled 4% and Looped 3%).
I have very health smock no alcohol no stress job, where is the problem IS THERE ANY CURE and WHICH IS THE TREATMENT OF THIS PROBLEM.....Thank you very much.
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
In your semen analysis report, the number of abnormal forms are more than the normal forms. Motility problems commonly occur along with abnormal sperm morphology and can affect male fertility.

Usually in such cases, we do another semen test after four to six weeks to see whether sperm quality has improved on its own. If there are still large numbers of abnormal sperms, then we check for any infection.

In such cases even with abnormal sperm morphology,pregnancy may still be possible once the infection is treated. So you can become a father but a repeat semen examination after some time after consulting a fertility specialist or urologist is required.

If there is any infection, then you will be given appropriate antimicrobials after which your chances of fathering a child are good.

Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for sperm problems, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed. Avoid alcohol, smoking, take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. Minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are very crucial to sperm health.
In case no infection is detected, treatment of this condition can be done with medications called Antiestrogens, for a few weeks.

If Antiestrogens are not helpful, then the condition can be treated with intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), which is injecting sperm directly into the egg. Once the egg is fertilized, abnormal sperm morphology does not affect continuation of pregnancy.

You might consult your treating doctor or a fertility specialist if you have any doubts or concerns.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.