Abnormal electrocardiography, medifast diet, echocardiogram, premature ventricular contractions, electrolyte imbalance, lack of oxygen

Question
I have a copy of an EKG 12 lead graph. I was told it was abnormal. I then had an echocardiogram done and it showed everything to be perfect. Can I send a copy of the "abnormal EKG" so I can find out what was abnormal with it.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Follow-up: Abnormal electrocardiography, medifast diet, echocardiogram, premature ventricular contractions, electrolyte imbalance, lack of oxygen 4 minutes later
I have been doing a Medifast diet since last Tuesday and have lost 23 lbs so far. Last few days im been feeling a little drained so all my anxiety goes back to me having a bad heart. I just want to feel better about it. I do moderate areobics 30 mins twice a day. I eat very healthy. I just feel i should also be feeling better. Not so ran down. :(
Follow-up: Abnormal electrocardiography, medifast diet, echocardiogram, premature ventricular contractions, electrolyte imbalance, lack of oxygen 3 minutes later
Oh yeah and the reason i went to see the dr and got an ekg and then further a ECHO was do to me having episodes of PVC's. I could feel them5-6 times a week.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Hello

The findings of your EKG are all within normal limits. Slight variation or deviation from normal values can occur and is of not much clinical concern.

Therefore, please be reassured.

Your parameters are fairly within normal limits and do not need any intervention.

Premature Ventricular Contraction's can be caused by heart attacks, electrolyte imbalances, lack of oxygen, or medications.

Immediately after a premature ventricular contraction, the electrical system of the heart resets. This resetting causes a brief pause in heartbeat, and some patients report feeling the heart briefly stopping after a premature ventricular contraction.

Once the heart resets on its own there is no problem and it continues beating normally. Since your ECHO is normal, you can rest assured.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.