Abnormal EKG. Do I have to stop exercising while I wait for my appointment with the cardiologist?

I had an abnormal EKG test this week. Dr. wants me to XXXXXXX with a cardiologist in 2 weeks to check on this more. I am 35 and in great shape. Do I have to stop exercising while I wait for my appt with the cardiologist?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later

Doctors refer to a Cardiologist after an abnormal finding on resting ECG. Abnormal ECG at rest does not mean significant all time. Hence I do not think there is a reason to stop exercising before you XXXXXXX a Cardiologist.

Please note if you have any symptoms or discomfort while on regular exercise, if so please discuss about them during your Cardiologist appointment. Meantime check if you have any significant family history of heart disease before you XXXXXXX the Cardiologist.

Hope I answered your question. Please accept if you do not have any more queries.