Abdominal trauma during pregnancy. Risk of miscarriage?

May 2013
A resident at an alheizemers facility kicked my lower abdomen x3 very hard. What is the risk that I will miscarry?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
The effect depends on your gestational age and the impact of the kick on your uterus and fetus.
Hard kick sometimes by disturbing the blood supply to the gestational sac can lead to death of the fetus and miscarriage.
Sometimes that can only present with little bit of spotting and pain, which can subside soon and pregnancy continues.
But you better consult gynecologist once, get examined and go for ultrasound, to find out the well being of the fetus and to rule out the possibility of the pregnancy.
Be careful in future.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.