Abdominal sonograph showed polyp in gallbladder. Should I get it removed?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Have got incidental finding of 9 mm Polyp in gallbladder in abdomen sonograph and MRI in the month of Oct'12 .Is this advisable to get it removed ??
Still getting some cramps after eating citrus fruits or chines food some times it happens without any reason also what is the probable reason for this??
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 45 hours later

The information you have provided is suggestive of acute inflammation of gallbladder

Polyp in itself may not be the cause of the same

Anyway it is advisable to get it removed if it is symptomatic

The childhood problem has nothing to do with the same

Another option is go for a fresh ultrasound, complete blood count and liver function test and accordingly decide about the surgery

Hope this clears your doubts

Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Abdominal sonograph showed polyp in gallbladder. Should I get it removed? 40 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your Valuable response.
Still the below mentioned questions are bothering me ,Request you to assist me with the following:
1)What is the probability to get Polyp Malignant ??
2)Do you suggest me to go for Endoscopy also and if yes what parts should be covered under it during investigation?

Looking forward to have assiatance from your side.

Thanks & Regards
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

1] Hardly 5-7 %
2] Endoscopy will help in ruling out other GI Symptoms - go for an upper GI Endoscopy only

Hope this helps
Wishing you a speedy recovery