Abdominal scan found polyps in gall bladder, digestive problems after eating spicy foods. How are these polyps developed?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hello Doctor,
I did a abdomen scan and found there are few polyps present in the Gall bladder. I have digestive problems always.. if i take spicy foods. I avoid oily ans spicy foods and taking easily digestive foods. How these polys are developed ? whats the reason for this. What medications are prescribed for this normally? and what foods needs to be taken and what kind of foods should be avoided.?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Description of Gallbladder polyp pathology is out of scope of any forum

There is no medication available which can cure polyps

What are the digestive problems you are suffering from?
Why did you go for the abdomen scan ?

Do you have any other laboratory reports available with you ?
Have you ever gone for endoscopy for your symptoms?

Get back to me with this information and I will suggest you appropriate diet and medicines?

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Abdominal scan found polyps in gall bladder, digestive problems after eating spicy foods. How are these polyps developed? 17 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thank you for the quick response for my query. I am married for one year and there is a delay in conceiving.
so i had consulted a gynecologist.As she suggested we had taken the abdomen scan to check the health of ovaries and other complications if any.
These polyps were found while scanning the whole abdomen.More over they had reported that my right ovaries are polycystic, left ovary has a dominant follicle
and a small fibroid on the wall of the uterus. I am taking Thyroid 100 tablets for Thyroid complaints.Other than the scan report i dont have anything else.

I have digestive problems like upset stomach, stomach burping, getting hicups very often(almost daily), feeling too thirsty.
i stopped taking spicy foods now a days and taking easily digestible foods. Please advice how to cure this gallbladder polyps.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later

Welcome Back

As in your case a good number of Gall Bladder[GB] Polyps are accidental findings on routine ultrasound

GB polyps are of five types of which three are non neoplastic and account for 95% of the same

Yet in my opinion any GB polyp more than or equal to 10mm size should be treated by GB removal during planned surgery

You symptoms can be due to GB polyps so avoid oily and spicy meals and take small meals

Regarding you ovary your gynaecologist would be a better judge

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept this reply and rate it

Get Well Soon