Abdominal pain upon pressing, itching in esophagus, anal itching. Had urticaria. Advised deworming

i have pain in my upper abdomen if pressed and itching in upper esophagus/throat. i suffered from urticaria for more than a year but nw its no more after worms treatment thou anal itching is also there so my dr.has advised me deworming every month.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 22 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
Upper abdominal tenderness with irritation in the throat is a symptom of esophagitis. Reflux esophagitis is the most common cause of such a symptom and is due to reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus. This occurs primarily due to an incompetent lower esophageal sphincter.
Since you ahve a tendency to allergic reactions one may also entertain a possibilty of eosinophilic esophagitis which presents similar to reflux esophagitis but is rare.
I would suggest you to have your eosinophil count checked, do some diaphragmatic exercises and maintain a lean weight. Get a fasting thyroid prolife done as throid problems are a common cause of constipation. You could also try some proton pump inhibitors and prokinetics.