Abdominal pain, stomach discomfort, no appetite, no fever. Could it be my appendix? History of kidney stone.

Back in sept, I went to er for pain on my right side. I was told it was my appendix, they admitted me and was going to do surgery the next day. After my family doctor talked to the general surgeon they decided to send me home on a strong antibiotic. The pain went away. Now it is back for about a week or so. Stomach is bothering me and I don't feel like eating, but no fever. Could it be my appendix? They checked for kidney stones in september and I had a very very small one in my left kidney.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Appendix inflammation and symptoms as pain resolve by surgery only. Pain can arise periodically if not treated.

Your symptom of right sided abdominal pain can be due to various other reasons as gall bladder inflammation, pancreas issue, ulcer, etc. But as there is history of appendicitis in the past, that needs to be considered primarily

Regarding kidney stones, it usually causes back pain and associated symptoms as urine burning, fever and abdominal pain may or may not be present.

A detailed physical examination, few relevant blood tests and ultrasound scan of the abdomen would help in giving a precise diagnosis. I suggest you to visit your primary medical care provider for examination and evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.