Abdominal pain radiating to back shoulder, bloating. Can this be symptom of pancreatic cancer?

I have upper stomache pains almost like hunger pains with it radiating to my back shoulder areas. It happens sometimes everyother month sometimes several times a month. I also have upper stomache bloating. My mother recently passed away from Pancreatic cancer and it worries me that it may be a symptom of Pancreatic problems?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Abid 17 minutes later
Hi there and sorry to hear about your problem....

Stomach pain that radiates to back and frequent episodes several times in a month warrant to exclude the possibility of pancreatic problem.

I will suggest you to get ultrasonography abdomen to see the condition of pancreas, liver and ducts because all of these structures are related to each other, consultation with Gastroenterologist will be very helpful for you, so please follow the advice as I mentioned and proceed further.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Abdominal pain radiating to back shoulder, bloating. Can this be symptom of pancreatic cancer? 1 hour later
I am sorry so when you said warrant to exclude the possibilty of a pancreatic problem does that mean it sounds like a pancreatic issue or it does not sound like one?
Sorry and thanks...
Answered by Dr. Abid 11 hours later
Thanks for your follow up question.
It sounds like a pancreatic issue ( as the pain is radiating towards the back) so for that reason i asked you to get an ultrasonography and to consult a gastroenterologist.