Abdominal pain, nausea, loss of appetite. Done CT scan, ultrasound. Ovarian cyst present. Need help

abdominal pain :

hello, I have been having moderate abdominal pain, upper right quadrant next to belly button. it is very tender to touch and also causes nausea and no appetite. I have had numerous tests; CT scan, ultrasounds, etc, with no answers. the only thing that shows is an ovation cyst which is a little less than 2 cm.
can someone help me??
im sorry, upper LEFT quadrant pain, feels like the cramp you get in your side after running.
27 yr old female
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 4 hours later
Supraumbilical abdominal pains are usually gastric or gall bladder or pancreatic or proximal duodenal or splenic in origin. A normal CT scan (computerized tomography) and an ultrasonography (USG ) rules out a pancreatic, splenic or a gallbladder origin of symptoms. The Stomach and duodenum are difficult to evaluate on a CT or USG.
Sometimes, some abdominal wall lesions like a neurofibroma or a desmoid may also cause pain and be missed on a CT scan
With the associated symptoms of nausea and loss of appetite, gastroduodenal causes like a ulcer disease or a gastritis is more likely.
Hence, consult your gastroenterologist regarding the need for an endoscopy and medicines like proton pump inhibitors and prokinetics.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Abdominal pain, nausea, loss of appetite. Done CT scan, ultrasound. Ovarian cyst present. Need help 6 hours later
thank you. I have had an endoscopy which showed gastritis, however, my gastro doc said that the pain on my left next to bellybutton wouldn't be from this. I don't know if maybe this could be gynecologic related?
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 12 hours later
Hi and thanks for the follow up.

Gynecological problems like pelvic inflammatory disease can cause dull pain anywhere, ovarian problems may be felt around the navel and the uterine and cervical problems are felt below the navel.

Please start the treatment for gastritis and consult your gynecologist too.