Abdominal pain, fever, chills, constipation. Taking ibuprofen, miralex, magnesium citrate, bactrium. Normal white blood count.

moderate to severe RLQ pain
normal white blood count
800 mg Ibrophen every 6 hours
taking Miralax for the last week
no rebound pain
Magnesium Citrate times 2 10 oz bottles over last week
high fiber diet
moving bowels now but no pain relief
bactrium started 4 days ago
been to dr office twice in a week
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Three possibilities need to be investigated in your case. These include:

1)     Appendicitis which can present with fever with chills and right lower quadrant pain.

2)     Pyelonephritis or kidney infection due to a Inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease. Crohn's disease most commonly affects the last part of the small intestine, usually located in the right lower abdomen. Diagnosed by barium enemas and colonoscopy.

I suggest you to get a contrast enhanced CT abdomen done as it will clarify the picture and help in confirming the diagnosis. Also get a urine examination and a urine culture done. Please consult a gastroenterologist and get these tests done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.