Abdominal pain, feel sick after eating and drinking fizzy pop, taken Spasmonal, Nurofen

i've had pain in my side for about 6weeks now and it moves to my stomach but when i eat i feel sick and if i drink fizzy pop i feel sick my doctor gave me spasmonal to settle my stomach but it doesn't do anything for me and i got nurofen for the pain but now and again am taking 4 before they touch the pain
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The description of the symptoms can be detailed to give a more accurate reply.

Can you please answer the following questions?
1) Do you run temperature?
2) Since how long is the pain
3) Are you sexually active? Do you have unprotected intercourse?
4) Do you remember eating stale or rotten food?
5) Do you have this pain constantly at all the times or it comes and goes?
6) Any relation to food intake or passage of urine?
7) Is the pain colicky?
8)Is the pain so severe as to initiate vomiting?
9) Can you pinpoint the origin of pain with your one finger? Please try to describe the point of maximum pain.
10) Any history of constipation?

Pain abdomen on the sides which increases on eating seems to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities
1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection
2) Peptic ulcer disease
3) Gall stones or renal stones
4) Intra abdominal pathology like fatty liver

You should see a doctor if the symptoms do not reduce in 24 hours for proper investigations like ultrasound scan and some blood tests. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day. For pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food.
Hope this helps. I will be available for the follow up
Follow-up: Abdominal pain, feel sick after eating and drinking fizzy pop, taken Spasmonal, Nurofen 6 hours later
i don't have a temperature the pain is there all the time, am not sexually active, i haven't eaten stale or rotten food when the pain is bad it hurts to pass urine yes the pain is so severe as to intiate vomiting, the pain i can pinpoint it yes and no history of constipation.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

Your pain seems to be due to renal cause - it can be infection, calculus or hydronephrosis.

An ultrasound scan is needed to confirm the diagnosis.

Going for renal function tests and urine examination will also help in diagnosis.

Drink atleast 2 litres of water everyday .

Wishing you an early recovery.