Ask a Urologist   »  

Abdominal pain, dizziness, back pain, vaginal discharge, painful intercourse, mood swings, vaginal irritation

Question
My wife has lower abdominal pain on the left side. We have been having sex frequently. We got married 4 months earlier. The list of problems are listed below:
- Dizziness
-Lower Abdominal Pain and Lower Back Ache
-Mood swings
-Frequent Vaginal Discharge
-Vaginal Irritation
-Pain during intercourse
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The above symptoms make me suspicious about urine sample examined with test called "Urine Microscopy" which can confirm the infection for which she may have to be placed on antibiotics to cure.Do consult a gynecologist for the treatment once you get the test done.

Also ask her to drink plenty of water which helps to wash out the infection to some extent and Cranberry juice which prevents progression of infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.