Abdominal pain, chest pain, feeling cold, weakness, feeling faint. Due to ventricular hypertrophy?

Hello, so every so often I get weird episodes of pain usually startin in my upper abdomen and working up to my chest, I will get very cold and weak usually unable to stand for any length of time without feeling like passing out. During one of these episodes my fiancé a rn heard a s4 heart sound. To my knowledge that's from or could be ventricular hypertrophy.....if that's correct could that be causing these symptoms and/or be something else related to the heart? I'm only 30 and don't have real high Bp usually in the 130's/80's I've also done a 12l ECG while at work and haven't seen anything of significance on it
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The pain episodes that you have described with an audible S4 could be related to a mild ventricular hypertrophy or an increased cardiac work load due to stress. Even if your ECG is normal recently, it is best to consult a cardiologist for a complete cardiac work up.
Hence you would benefit by consulting your cardiologist and getting evaluated with a few tests as mentioned below-

‎1. Complete blood counts
‎2. ECG in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2
3. Lipid profile , Blood sugar (Fasting and Post prandial), HBAIC,
4. Thyroid function tests
5. Chem 14 panel

In case the above tests indicate any abnormality, further tests need to be done which include:-

‎1. Holter monitor
2. Echocardiography
3. Chest Xray
4. Lung function tests
5. Tread mill test

It is important to rule out the exact cause after physical examination and above mentioned ‎investigations.

Making changes in your lifestyle is a proven method for reducing your risk of heart disease.
Losing some extra weight will decrease your risk considerably- both dietary restrictions and regular exercise schedule will be helpful.
Eat a heart-healthy diet low in salt, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, and refined sugars. Try to increase your intake of foods XXXXXXX in vitamins and other nutrients, especially antioxidants, which have been proven to lower your risk for heart disease. Also eat plant-based foods such as fruits and vegetables, nuts, and whole grains.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.