Abdominal pain before and after bowel movements, dizziness, knot below sternum, unconsciousness. Taking Methadone. Help

Orthopaedic Surgeon
question recently I have had some very servere pain in my lower abdomen , before and after my bowel movements, dizzyness. loses in consciousness, recently fainted two days ago, I also have a tender spot right below my sturnum it feels like a knot, I get a lot of indegestion , my sister has diabetes, my mother has back problems my dad has heart problems, I have also had some wieght loss, dry lips, loses in energy, I am a 44 yrs. old male currently taking methadone and muscle relaxer robaxin for 4 rupters disc in lower back can u help me
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms of pain below sternum, indigestion, can be related to excessive gastric acidity caused by the muscle relaxant you are taking.
Methadone can cause cardiac rhythm disturbances leading to dizziness and unconciousness.
You can start with a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole for now for symptomatic relief. In case the symptoms are persistent, then a cardiac check up with investigations like ECG, Echocardiography, stress test, etc are recommended.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.