Abdominal pain, back pain, groin. Ultrasound, CT scan and X-ray done. What can be the cause?

I have had lower abdominal pain in my right hand side, giving my lower back pain for the last 7 months. the pain ranges around 3 out of ten, i get a pain in my groin as well.. I have had an untrasound, ct and xray and nothing has come up, but i still get the pulsating pain all the time and when the pain goes up to 3 i get heart pulpitations, what else could it be
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 17 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
Pain in the Right lower abdomen and groin in a young female could be due to -
1) Pelvic inflammatory disease - Imaging could be normal and you may have leukorrhoea. More likely if you have an IUD
2) dysuria and frequency
3) Tubo-ovarian pathologies - are usually visible on imaging studies unless it is a transient problem like torsion
4) Inguinal hernia - is rare in females
The palpitation is most likely a reaction to the pain rather than a problem itself
Discuss with your GP and get a good examination and some basic investigations done to sort out the issues
Follow-up: Abdominal pain, back pain, groin. Ultrasound, CT scan and X-ray done. What can be the cause? 27 minutes later

with Point 1 & 2. Pelvic inflammatory disease , they say you get this from other partners but i have only been with one man in the last 10 years. Can this still happen. What is a IUD and is there antibiotics that can help me in both instances.

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 13 hours later
Hi and thanks for the followup
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and UTI) is not strictly a sexually transmitted disease and can afflict women in steady relationships also. The trauma of normal sexual activity is sufficient to cause UTI if good hygeine is not maintained. Presence of a copper-T or an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD) can predispose one to PID
Before staring antibiotics I would suggest you to get yourself examined and probably give a urine or a cervical swab culture as found appropriate. Guided antibiotic tgerapy is always better than an empherical therapy.