Abdominal pain after intercourse. Feeling bloated and hurts to laugh. What's wrong?

May 2013
TuesdayTuesday night around 11 after sex i got horrable cramps. I have the mirana. After a couple advil and a hour i finally got to sleep.the next morning my stomach was huge so i thought it was gas so i got some gasx. It went down some. Every day since its still bloated and hurts if i push on it or caughf or laugh. Now its friday sill the same.What could it be?
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

According to your description the possibilities are:
-Pelvic inflammatory disease: Intrauterine device users are more prone for PID.
Which will present with pain abdomen, pain during and after intercourse etc.

-Embedment of the mirena in the myometrium.
This can also present with pain abdomen.

Both these conditions can decrease the contraceptive efficacy of the mirena.

So as you are still having pain better to consult gynecologist once, get examined to find out the possible cause for your problem and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.