Abdominal pain after eating heavy food, itching and redness of skin. Scan showed fatty infilteration of liver. Is it liver cirrhosis?

i am a 34 yr old man recently due to right abdominal pain and vomiting i had done a blood test which shows my sgot is 57 and sgpt is 102 and also did a scan test which shows i am having a fatty infilteration of liver is it XXXXXXX and all What will be the reasons for this and how can i come across it

and all other things like liver function, pancreas , gall bladder, urinary bladder all are nomal according to scan

when ever i am having heavy food it is paining in the right abdomen and some times in chest and my general physician told me it would be XXXXXXX and gave me some thing like Ursodeoxy Cholic acid and pantocid and asked me to visit after 7 days

i am also having some itching problem and yesterday i just happened to notice some red inflammation on my skin. is it a liver cirrhosis will it may lead to death if not treated or if

the blood result shows variation in rbc count as 4.3 and pcv as 37.8

My father was diabetic and i am a non alcoholic and non smoker.

kindly give me a detailed one
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The diagnosis of XXXXXXX looks to be the most likely and probable diagnosis in you.
Broadly speaking there is no proven effective treatment for XXXXXXX
A large number of treatments have been studied while many appear to improve biochemical markers like SGPT,most have not been able to reverse histological abnormalities.
Nutrition counseling is very important and sweets and fats are to be curtailed.
Gradual weight loss may improve the process in obese patients.
A recent study presented at meeting of American association for study Of liver diseases reported that weight loss surgery leads to improvement and resolution of XXXXXXX
Insulin sensitizers like METFORMIN and THIAZOLDINEDIONES have shown efficacy in some studies.
Ursodeoxycholic acid and lipid lowering agents are used in the treatment but have
shown little benefits.
VIT E can improve some symptoms of XXXXXXX and was found to be superior to insulin sensitizers in one study .

You carry on with your weight loss process along with the medicine prescribed by your doctor.
In case you don't find improvement in 4 weeks ,you may consult a Gastroenterologist .

Your itching does not seem to be related to your present complaints and is not a sign of liver cirrhosis ,as feared by you.
I hope to have answered your query in detail ,however you can revert to me for any further query.
Follow-up: Abdominal pain after eating heavy food, itching and redness of skin. Scan showed fatty infilteration of liver. Is it liver cirrhosis? 23 minutes later
Thankyou for your reply i just want to know some thing more is this means i should avoid sweets, meat, diary products completely or shall i take once in a while

VIT E means what all things can i have now i have changed my food timings ie, now i am having food in different sections . should i completely avoid oily foods and chicken, egg etc. can u just guide me on this
and will have to take these medicines through out the life
thank god it is not liver cirhosis actually some where i had read the red inflammation and itching might be a symptom for cirhosis

i was very much worried

Kindly reply my queries mentioned above
Avoid meat and take chicken tandoori (not fried).
Can take sweets and dairy products,once in a while.
Emphasis is on reduction of triglycerides and weight.
Take plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX vegetables.
Take some almonds daily as it has VIT E in it
Adopt a regular exercise regime.
The medicines are not taken lifelong.
There is nothing to get worried as these lifestyle changes will bring a lot of good in you as you will not only develop good healthy habits but also help you in keeping diabetes and blood pressure away from you.