Abdominal pain after drinking beer, frequent urination. What is the likely cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I'm 29 5 ft 8 and 10 1/2 stone, no related medical history, H receive pains in my sides when I drink beer, I do not have 2 drink much for this to happen, maybe only a pint or so, i often have to pee well over average when drinking beer, what is the likely cause? thanks
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Increased frequency of micturition is a normal physiological response of beer as it acts like a mild diuretic.
The pain in the sides of abdomen after drinking beer might be related to excessive acid production in the stomach or liver problem.
Do not take alcohol on an empty stomach. It is best to consume it after a fatty meal.
To rule out any organic cause of the pain you can get an ultrasound scan and liver enzymes evaluated under the guidance of your physician.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.