Abdominal pain. Ultrasound showed endometrial cyst in the right ovary. Taken leuprolide acetate. What is the treatment for this?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Hello Dr, I am having abdominal pain for the past 4 months post periods.The pain then lasts for a week. Ultrasound diagnosis showed that I have endometrioic cyst in the right ovary of size 3cm. I am married and have 2 year old child. Four months back, I was given a dosage of leuprolide acetate3.75 mg after which the cyst size had reduced to 1.8cm and I had no pain after the dosage.But of late, I have abdominal pain again.I was recommended for a laprascopic surgery of cyst removal in case of abdominal pain.
To reconfirm, I had a scan taken last week, and the latest report shows, endometrioic cyst in the right ovary and fibroid in the uterus. Please suggest on the treatment I should take. I was advised by the doctor to have another dosage of leuprolide acetate. Is this dosage recommendable again. Post administration of the first dosage of leuprolide injection I had experienced extreme tiredness and would want to avoid the administration of the dosage again. Please suggest.I have also attached the latest scan reports.
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 1 hour later

Leuprolide acetate is a strong suppressor of ovarian function leading to severe tiredness. There are other simple treatment options like analgesics, oral contraceptives, oral progesterone, mirena(intra-uterine system) etc. Consult your Gynecologist for further treatment.

Good luck