Abdominal aortic aneurysm detected on ultrasound screening. Should I be concerned?

Cardiac Surgeon
Just had a Life Line Screening and the technologist that performed the abdominal aortic aneursym screening called another tech to view the test. They said it wasn't life threatening and i would receive my results with 3 weeks. I am a cardiac patient that had an angioplasty and stent place in Sep 2011 and had a nuclear treadmill test last month with no negative results. Am a bit concerned about this ultra sound screening. Would the nuclear treadmill test diagnose an aneursym?
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. F. Sadruddin Shariff 2 hours later

I went through the details submitted.

The conclusions based on the information provided are:
1. You have Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm detected on ultrasound screening which seems to be not life threatening.
2. You had an angioplasty with stent in place and a follow up nuclear stress test to assess the status of cardiac ischemia. The nuclear stress test has nothing to do with the abdominal aortic aneurysm.

If you can upload both your ultrasound reports and your nuclear stress reports, I may be able to clarify everything.

Regards and good health to you!

Dr Sadruddin Shariff