Abdominal USG showed enlarged liver, cortical kidney cyst. Worried

Recently my father has done USG of whole abdomen. There are some problems. Which are :
1. Liver: Liver is marginally enlarged, showing heterogenous parenchymal echopattern. Intra hepatic biliary channels are not dilated. Left lobe shows a cortical cyst of diameter 2.4 cm. (Liver span at mid clavicular line is 12.4 cm.)

2. Kidney: Both kidneys are normal in shape, size & outline. Renal parenchyma & central echocomplex of both kidneys are normal except left kidney shows a cortical cyst of diameter 2.4 cm
Right kidney measures : 9 cm
Left kidney measures: 9.5 cm
Ureters are not dilated

3. Urinary Bladder: It is normal in shape. Walls are smooth and regular. Lumen is clear. Post voiding sonogram shows approx 120 ml. of residual urine.

4. Prostate Gland: Prostate gland shows heterogeneous echotexture with regular margin.
It measures : 3.7*3.7*3.1 cm
Approx prostate weight 22.5 grams.

So, we are very much tensed for this type of report. Is there any big problem in his report? Mainly we are fearing for cyst in liver. So is there any point to be worry about that? Is it curable or have to do surgery? One vital question which comes to our mind is it a symptom for liver cancer?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Ultrasound report essentially states following things which are important to understand.
1... A cortical liver cyst.
    Liver cysts are thin fluid filled sacs and generally are of no significance and are benign in nature and they generally produce no complication or health risk.
They are generally found in routine ultrasound or CT scan of the abdomen being done for some other purpose.
They are important if they grow bigger,cause pain abdomen or vomiting or a person starts loosing weight.In such a scenario a biopsy is done to see whether it is malignant or not.The fluid can be aspirated and examined for it's contents.
If they don't cause any problem,then they are left alone.
If they cause problem,they can be removed surgically.
2.... Post void urine amount of 120 ml
The term post-void residual refers to the amount of urine remaining in the bladder after normal urination.
Normally a volume of 30 to 50 ml is considered as normal in people having prostate enlargement.More than this amount is associated with increased chances of lower prostate gland is 22.5gms.
This is slightly more than the normal weight of prostate which varies from 8 to 16 gms.
  This increase in weight suggests mild prostate enlargement.

In nut shell there is nothing to worry regarding this ultrasound report.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Abdominal USG showed enlarged liver, cortical kidney cyst. Worried 8 hours later
Thank you doctor for your kind reply. Now I am relieved to some extent. But one thing doctor. Is there any problem in liver with heterogeneous parenchyma. It is written in the impression of the USG report. So he had done his blood tests also where SGPT is 46 and for the other details I am attaching those reports also.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
I have gone through the reports and don't find anything abnormal.
These are normal reports.
Just relax and don't worry.