Abdomen pain under right breast,CT scan,mass on pancreas,gall bladder removed,autoimmune hepatitis

hello i am 44 year female have abdomen pain under right breast had ct scan shows mass on pancreas had gallblader out in 07 also dx with autimmune hepatis any ideas on mass? is causing me the pain.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later

Mass on the pancreas can be of 2 types.Pancreas is a gland organ.The mass can either a cystic mass consisting of fluid.This is often called a pseudo cyst which is usually harmless and treatable.The other kind may a a tumour which can be cancerous or non cancerous.Treatment can be surgery or chemotherapy.The main intent here is to differentiate between them.Both can cause pain,nausea vomiting.

I would like to know the CT report in complete , which can give me some more details to think on it and arrive at a specific opinion.

Anticipating your response.
Follow-up: Abdomen pain under right breast,CT scan,mass on pancreas,gall bladder removed,autoimmune hepatitis 16 hours later
the bilobed density in the retroperitoneum anterior to the ivc at the level of the celiac axis which is posterior to the head of the pancreas is still present it measure 3.8x3cm the mass remains difficult to separate from the pancreatic head. this is word from word of my paperwork, im so confused ni did ungo a eus last summer on this finding it they said was enlarged lymth nodes, i have a app with a surgeon in XXXXXXX im in pain for too long here living on pain med, dont like, any help would be great..... XXXXXXX m XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

Well, i have doubts about the lymph node theory as there they are often painless / minimal pain. Also the size of the mass being 3.8 / 3cm is larger than normal lymph node enlargements. With the report saying that the mass cannot be separated from the pancreatic head, i would first like to rule out tumor, probably a cystic lesion. Removal will depend on other symptoms like jaundice, obstruction etc.

At present, the pain medication is your best hope because only the surgeon can decide about surgery after seeing you. You may be advised to do some more tests also like ERCP, biopsy etc. Drainage of the cyst may also be suggested, esp if infected.

Some resolve on their own.

Till further intervention I suggest you the following.
1. Avoid alcohol,smoking.
2. Avoid oily,spicy food.
3. Avoid strenuous work/exercise.

I suggest that see the surgeon for more tests .You might need heavier pain medications if you are still in pain. But dependency is a complication to so will need to be careful.