Abdomen is always bloated, had lumpectomy. Have fatty liver and pre-diabetic. Underlying cause for pain?

May 2014

My abdomen is always seems so bloated. I had a lumpectomy August 1 st and have to go back for more surgery Oct 14th so naturally I wonder if I could have ovarian cancer, or liver or kidney disease. I do have a fatty liver. Also, my last CBC labeled me as a pre-diabetic. I have given up all sugar and for the most part eat a plant- based diet for the last two months so hopefully my next CBC will look better.

I have already paid.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Write in lumpectomy and surgery details please.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in details

I suppose your follow up treatment for breast cancer since 2001 has been uneventful.

Abdominal pain can result due to many reasons and needs clinical examination and blood tests. Imaging investigations like X XXXXXXX ultrasound scan and if necessary CT scan might help. Any possibility of ovarian cancer, liver or kidney disease can be discussed based on imaging appearances.

Being pre diabetic and having fatty liver is not a serious problem.

Please send in details of your lumpectomy done August 1st and scheduled surgery Oct 14th.

Waiting for an update from your end.