Abdomen discomfort, not very painful, spasms. What is it?

General Surgeon
abdomeni have been experiencing irregular sensations in my left abdomen...right to the oppositions eye. it hasnt brought on much pain but seems like a spasm of some sort?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

An irregular or strange sensation in the left side of abdomen without much pain could be suggestive of the early phase of an intestinal infection, which can cause spasms in the gut as well.

As I believe more information can help a doctor reach an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions
Do you have any nausea, vomiting or fever?
Do you have any diarrhoea?
Is the discomfort constant? If not, what does it get precipitated by?

If the discomfort does not resolve, I would suggest that you see your treating physician who can evaluate you and prescribe appropriate therapy.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further questions.
Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.