ACWY injection, vaginal allergy, painful sex, delay in period, Pregnant?

Dear Doctor,
I am 26 years old.My weight is 56Kg and 150 cm.I married 18 months ago.However I have been living with my husband for the last 6 months only.Because He was out of the Country. I always had my period regularly. My last period was on April 21. In the mean time I had to travel to KSA and Dubai .So, i had the ACWY injection on April 30 th.
Within the last 2 Month i had been experiencing some allergic in my Vaginal area due to the different Pad usage. it became little worse and I consulted with a Doctor in Dubai and offered me a cream and tablet. It was totally cured now. During this usage ,I had found the yeast in brown Colour between May 18th to may 22.But i am now feeling OK .

I have not got the period for May and I feel worry. I am young and always feel some pain when we have regular sex as normal. But I still feel that I am virgin because I can still see the hymen without damage.

Is this a sign of positive pregnancy? or What could be the reason?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 59 minutes later

You had periods on April 21st but if you had any unprotected intercourse during May especially around the ovulation days then chances of pregnancy are there. Pregnancy is the first possibility for missed periods.

Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period. Use a morning sample of urine and two lines means a positive test. To confirm the status of your pregnancy, you can get a serum HCG test done which is more specific than a urine test.

If pregnancy is ruled out and periods don’t come then the other causes like stress and anxiety, eating disorders, malnutrition, hormonal imbalance or conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland need to be ruled out. The yeast infection that you had last month and the stress associated with it may be responsible for the delayed periods in your case but it should be investigated by a gynecologist and other causes ruled out.

ACWY injection has no side effect as delayed periods and hence cannot be the culprit. Since you have been married for the last 18 months and having regular coitus, it is unlikely that the hymen is intact but in some cases the hymen may be very rigid and may not tear during intercourse. Pregnancy is still possible. Hence you should get a pelvic examination done from a gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.