A pelvic ultrasound showed a midline anteverted uterus, with three fibroids, a displacement of endometrium. Means harm?

I just had a pelvic Ultrasound which showed a midline anteverted uterus which is bulky and lobulated with three fibroids the largest of which is within the anterior aspect in a subserosal position close to the endometrium and measures 6 by 5 cm. There is displacement of the endometrium which measures 9.7mm with no fluid in it. What does all this mean?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

The ultrasound examination suggests you have a fibroid - which is a benign, non cancerous growth within the uterus. The fibroid growth is big enough to displace your uterine cavity.

If you are having heavy bleeding or pain in lower part of tummy, you need to consult a gynecologist for physical examination.

Fibroid uterus is treatable. Surgical removal is most often needed. Your gynecologist after a physical examination would discuss the various treatment options.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any other concern; I will be available to address them.

Best wishes