A painful, dark spot appeared in the middle of upper lip. Not a blister. What could be this?

Dermatologist
Question
A dark spot appeared in the middle of my upper lip last monday it was not a blister nor was it painful it has not changed in looks what could this be
This dark spot appeared on my upper lip last monday it has been 5 days and it does not hurt it burn or anything it was never a bump nor a cold sore what could this be and how long does it take before it goes away???
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
enlarged sebaceous glands

Detailed Answer:
It is looking like a group of enlarged sebaceous glands. There are many sebaceous glands arranged on the lip. When they get enlarged a blackish appearance occurs.
Please apply a mild steroid cream like mometasone for a week. These lesions will subside. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: A painful, dark spot appeared in the middle of upper lip. Not a blister. What could be this? 6 minutes later
So does this mean i can not put makeup on it and also where do i find the cream that i should use and should i not apply any lipgloss on my lips as well and typically how long does it take to go away

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
This must be easily available in any pharmacy. You can apply this ointment in night and makeup in morning.
It should take around a week for the lesions to disappear.

Follow-up: A painful, dark spot appeared in the middle of upper lip. Not a blister. What could be this? 20 minutes later
I went to the pharmacy and they told me i needed a prescription will hydrocortizone cream work

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
hydrocortisone will work

Detailed Answer:
Yes even hydrocortisone will work but you may need to apply it twice for 15 days,
thank you