A lumo has formed on my left elbow today. there

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
A lumo has formed on my left elbow today. there is no oain or itching when touching the lump. My arm is tingling though. I am a 35 year old Caucasian male.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be olecranon bursa.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic surgeon.
I have seen the picture and read your description. In my opinion this condition is called Olecranon Bursitis- Inflammation of the tissue over the bony prominence of olecranon ( elbow bone).This can be due to putting your weight on elbows and elbows rubbing against a hard surface. Tingling could be due to irritation of the nerve in the vicinity of swelling.
I suggest you take anti inflammatory drugs like advil, ,take local heat and apply local analgesic cream. Most important is to avoid keeping any weight on elbow. If it increases then surgery may be required.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.