A lady in routine ECG had findings of T wave

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2017
Jan 2017

Cardiologist
Question
A lady in routine ECG had findings of T wave inversion in III and aVf , Hence later -CTMT was done , but test was terminated in 3 min 53 sec with target HR achieved. kindly opine if this would suffice ,2 d echo within normal limits .She a asymptomatic .
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this is sufficient

Detailed Answer:
T wave Inversion may be seen in otherwise normal individual. Also, her TMT is negative at Target heart rate so it also supports absence of significant coronary artery disease. So I don't think there is any need to worry or any further tests.
I guess she doesn't have any risk factors like hypertension, obesity or family history of any heart disease. So overall, this should be sufficient.
To be doubly sure, one may undergo stress thallium test which is similar to treadmill test which has other parameters, but I don't think there any pressing need for it.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.