A bone or a lump felt inside vagina. Is it normal?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I feel a bone/lump inside my vagina- on one side. is that normal? no pain. i just wanted to feel inside.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

A small lump inside your vagina which is firm in feeling might be the cervix. If you carefully feel it you will find a small dimple or an opening in its center. It is the opening of the uterus in the vagina and is a part of your normal anatomy. There is nothing to feel concerned.

You can also feel coccyx through the vagina which is bony hard in consistency.

You can confirm this by an XXXXXXX examination from your gynecologist.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.