90 years old diagnosed with colon cancer. What is the life expectancy?

My elderly father has been diagnosed with colon cancer with secondary in his liver. He is 90 years old and very weak. The doctors did not give him a straight answer when he he asked "how long" is it possible to give us a clue.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 2 hours later

Statistically, the overall 5-year survival rate for those diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer is 30%, while the median stage four colon cancer life expectancy is around thirty months. However your elderly father should be below the average, knowing his age and the fact that he is very weak and I am not sure he can follow any treatment in these conditions.

But I remind you that these are only statistics, because it is impossible to estimate precisely how long any patient may have. So, I have given you these numbers just to have a clue regarding the situation.

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD