Ask a Urologist   »  

90 degree bend of penis when erect, burning sensation, its straight up. Advice ?

I have a almost 90 degree bend of the penis when errect, It also seems or is much shorter and not as thick from the point of the bend to the tip (head) while errect it seems to have a burning sensation at the bend. the bend is almost straight up. While looking down you could almost pee in your face. I still have good thickness from the base to the bend, fealing during sex is very weak and often have to physically rub just below the head to achieve orgasm. I am 54 this coming XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later

From your description it appears that you may be suffering from Peyronie's disease. Peyronie's disease is calcification within the corpora of the penis. The most common cause of it is trauma. The trauma is usually so trivial that patient does not even recollect having any such injury.

The common complications of Peyronie's are acute bend in the penis making intercourse difficult, poor erection and painful erection. There are number of treatment options available for Peyronie's disease. However, none of them is highly effective. You can consider starting yourself on Vitamin E, colchicine or PABA under the guidance of an urologist. In addition, you should avoid woman on top position while having intercourse (the most common cause of trivial trauma).

However, if you don't improve with medications then you may have to consider surgical options.