9 years old having asthma problem. Not cured by romilast 4mg. How long medicine is to be taken?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
My son is 9 years old having asthama problem. He has been advised to take romilast 4 mg by Dr. Neeru Vithlani (Mumbai). He took the same for 3 months and did not have any problem. He did not had to take inhalers. After 3 months, he again started having problem . I talked to doctor and again she prescribed romilast 4 mg for two months. He again did not have any problem this time also. Now the medicine has been stopped for 4 days. Again he is having problem...like running nose and asthamatic like attack. So can he again take romilast 4 mg...how long can he take this...
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX
Thanks for writing here.
From what you described, I can presume your kid has mild intermittent asthma.
Romilast is very safe and it is the right choice for your kid.
You can continue without side effects for years. Since asthma is a chronic disease it is advised to follow up with the doctor as advised.
Do not worry.
Wishing good health
Dr. Arun